Recording on Omneon
From Broadcast & Media Communications
The BCIT Broadcast Omneon Server has 3 "ports" available for use:
|Port #||VTR Assignment||Capability||Primary Studio Usage|
|1||VTR 14||Play / Record||Studio 1 or 2|
|2||VTR 15||Play Only||Studio 2|
|3||VTR 16||Play Only||Studio 1|
Recording on VTR 14 (Omneon)
- In the VTR room, route your show's program video into VTR 14. (May be CG1, or another source)
- In the control room, route VTR 14 into Port 3.
- This allows you to see what you are recording on VTR 14 on the "RS 3" monitor.
- On the server computer, Log on to Omneon_1 (the Omneon record channel).
- Open ClipTool Pro from the desktop.
- Choose Player1_Rec1
- Select "File -> Change Current Directory..."
- Ensure the directory is set to "/BCIT/clip.dir".
- Click "New", which is beside the Eject button.
- Enter the record filename
- ie: "BCIT Magazine [Day], [Date]" eg. "BCIT Magazine Thurs, Sept. 12, 2013"
- Click OK.
- Click REC as appropriate for your show.
- If using Omneon for show playback, you need to switch to Player2 to play the stories off the server for the show (recording continues in the background until manually stopped)